GUIDELINES FOR AUDITION VIDEO RECORDING & SUBMISSIONS
- READ THE GUIDELINES BELOW AND FOLLOW THEM. Not adhering to the guidelines below can result in a lowered score, or disqualification.
- Review the posted audition requirements for your instrument or voice part carefully.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your audition. Technology or internet issues can cause delays in submitting. Late auditions will not be accepted.
- Use a device or app that will record a video in a file format compatible with the Submittable website. The built-in microphone and video camera of most modern phones and laptops is sufficient for an accurate recording. However, it is recommended that students review their recordings for sound quality and make adjustments as necessary.
- Each music excerpt must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. Students’ hands/body/face must be visible in the video.
- Each separate excerpt and scale should be recorded in a separate video (exception: percussion scales are recorded in a single uncut video and percussion rudiments are recorded in a single uncut video).
- When recording an audition video, no identifying clothing may be worn (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). Additionally, please do not include any identifying information in the video file name or in the content of the recording (i.e. your name or school name).
- There is no requirement to perform from memory. Students are permitted to read from sheet music for any of the audition requirements.
- There can be NO use of any device that can be perceived to give aid to a student (i.e. no earphones, airpods, tuner, metronome, etc.). This will result in a lowered score or disqualification.
*****DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS. DELAYS CAN BE CAUSED BY TECHNICAL ISSUES OR INCORRECT VIDEO FILE SIZE/FORMAT. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR LATE SUBMISSIONS.*******