- District 12 will award three scholarships to high school seniors who will be majoring in music education at an accredited college or university.
- There will be one scholarship for choral, one for band, and one for orchestra that will be awarded to a string player. These scholarships will be named in honor of Carmen Culp, Richard Merrell, and Richard Miller in appreciation for their service to the membership of District 12 and the music education profession.
- The amount of each scholarship will be $1000.00.
- The money will be sent directly to the college or university at the completion of the first semester. A transcript of first semester grades must be delivered to the District 12 Treasurer after completion.
- District 12 reserves the right to withhold any of the scholarships if none of the candidates meet established criteria.
- Must show acceptance as a music education major at an accredited college or university.
- Must have participated in a PMEA District 12 Band, Orchestra, or Choral Festival.
- The applicant’s home school director must be a current member of NAfME & PMEA.
- The application form may be found on the District 12 web site.
- The application will consist of:
- The online form found below
- A printed copy of the online form
- Recommendation of high school director
- Recommendation of high school principal
- A copy of your high school transcript
- Verification of acceptance for the study of music education at an accredited college or university
- The deadline for returning applications is May 6, 2018.
- The District 12 Scholarship Committee will meet with each candidate in the spring of the applicant’s senior year.
- The Scholarship Committee will present to the Executive Board their recommendations at the spring meeting. Any members of the Executive Committee whose own students are applicants will be excused from the selection process.
- The award will be presented to the winners at his/her own school during an appropriate ceremony, if possible.
Scholarship information for the class of 2019 will be available in Spring 2019.