PMEA District 12 annually awards up to (3) scholarships to high school seniors who will be majoring in music education at an accredited college or university. There is more information below, but first here is the link to share with your students who would like to apply: https://pmeadistrict12.submittable.com/submit
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION is May 15, 2022
There will be one scholarship for choral, one for band, and one for orchestra that will be awarded to a string player. These scholarships will be named in honor of Carmen Culp, Richard Merrell, and Richard Miller in appreciation for their service to the membership of District 12 and the music education profession.
The amount of each scholarship for the class of 2022 will be $1000.00.
The money will be sent directly to the student in form of a check. Verification of acceptance to a music education program will be required. District 12 reserves the right to withhold any of the scholarships if none of the candidates meet established criteria.
- Candidates must have participated in a PMEA District 12 High School Band, Orchestra, or Choral Festival.
- The candidate’s director must be a current member of PMEA.
- Must be enrolled as a music education major at an accredited college or university.
- Fill out the application below before May 15th, 2022.
- The District 12 Scholarship Committee will meet to review all applications.
- The Scholarship Committee will present to the Executive Board their recommendations at the spring meeting. Any members of the Executive Committee whose own students are applicants will be excused from the selection process.
- Winners will be announced by May 22nd, 2022. The award will be presented to the winners at his/her own school during an appropriate ceremony, if possible.